cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New connection lead time and setup time required?

Hi, we will be in our property in 2 weeks time, and would like to get broadband activated and think we may need an engineer visit.  When is the best time to purchase this?  Obviously we'd like to be there when the router arrives and the engineer needs to be there. Should i do this now, or wait till nearer the time?  Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV lead in time to switch over from another provider or activate an existing telephone line is 14 days from date of order should an Engineer not been required and it's a straight forward "self install" .

Should an Engineer be needed to fit a new telephone line or a home visit is needed, then i would guess it will take longer than 14 days.

The Community Forum is predominantly used by customers (like myself) and you may be better off either sending NowTV a tweet (if you use Twitter) or drop them an email using the address on the screen shot below for the official answers to all your questions from a NowTV Staff Member.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

have applied for connection on 2nd feb, and still waiting for engineer visit. It has got rescheduled twice and called Now customer care as well multiple time, with no help.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You will need to keep calling NOW. However they are reliant on OpenReach sorting it out for you.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

One thing thatwill have an effect is: what infrastructure is there already?

is there a working phone line to the place?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now I have got a mail to book new appointment for 2/3 March for a connection booked on 2 Feb.

Great eta by Now/openreach.

Hope both must not have any other date available in next 10 days.