cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New broadband setup

Hi. Got hub kit last friday. Setup it. There is just two lights. Internet not working. Tried reset but not working. Call customer service but no answer. Wait for an adviser more than half an hour

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
When the broadband goes live your not supposed to reset the router.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/why-does-my-broadband-speed-vary-in-the-first-ten-days

Is this the number you’re calling? See link below.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

All I can suggest is to keep calling to get through for a resolution.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activation date is Last friday. But Light still not on. Thats why i reset it. Nothing helps. Being waiting for an adviser in chat for a long time but no one connected.. Nobody answer on calls. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got through. They could not restart the Internet, but ordered an engineer to check cable and everything on monday. Hope it helps

redchiz1
Champion 2

@gavs82008 I think an exception can be made when there is no connection to the internet.  😉

redchiz1
Champion 2

OK, do let us know how you get on. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All done. Got email what engineer did. 

Engineer has resolved the fault by changing the E-side pair or at PCP. The fault was fixed by changing the pair MDF to PCP. Customer's modem / router is plugged into the NTE master socket. 

chilli2
Elite

E-side =exchange side, this is the bit of the connection that pints towards the telephone exchange.

Pair, this is the cooper cable that goes from the house to what is usually a green cabinet, or all the way to the exchange.

PCP Primary cross Connection Point, also known as the cabinet 

MDF, main distribution frame, usually the racks where everything is connected and/ or switched at the exchange.

NTE5 Mastersocket, the main phone socket in the property