cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New broadband. I was meant to go live yesterday my old broadband has been switched off but nothing h

My old broadband has been switched off at midnight by sky my NOW TV has not come on I've got no Wi-Fi and I've got no way of contacting anybody because the number which I telephone to which was on the leaflet that came with the NOW TV router is actually the sky number I've just spoken somebody there and they can't see how to help me I've got no Wi-Fi and no way of finding out with never going to get it thank you

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Did you cancel Sky broadband or leave NOW to deal with the transfer?

Number for the team is in the link below. 

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/switching-to-now-broadband-or-moving-home

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412518

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for you reply. I did speak to Sky but Nowtv organized the swap. I have just managed to speak to someone but they don't know why it's not been switched on and it has been escalated though can take up to 72 hours. I'm a bit stuck really.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Fair enough. Hopefully you get up and running soon!

What's the mobile signal like in your property as you could use your phone as a hot spot and request compensation. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

I'm always surprised when a switch from Sky to Now goes wrong. Everything about the connection is the same (AFAIK) and it should be just an administrative change.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. It does normally go okay and they can't really explain what went wrong . I'm still no further forward though and they can't say how long it will take. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am having the same problem, I was meant to go live on the 17th but still not been connected so have no wi fi either.  Was with sky and that was turned off. Been on to now tv several times to find out what is going on. They tell be that back office is sorting it out and they have been in touch with open reach and waiting for them to reply tomorrow which means another day with out wi fi. This is not good enough,  they haven't sent me any corresponded to let me know what is happening.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds like you're having exactly the same problem as me. I was with Sky as well .I've had the run around from them - they  have absolutely no idea when they be able to activate it as they say Openreach haven't replied . I'm now in the process of cancelling NOW TV and trying to go back to Sky but now TV have said it takes up to 72 hours to cancel and Sky won't pick me up unless it's clear that I've left now tv.  I'm absolutely trapped.  I won't be able to have any Wi-Fi until at least next week . As I work from home this is making my life impossible . It's the worst service I've ever received from a company.  They're really not interested . I've phoned many times- noone has phoned me back even even promised or even sent a basic email. I just don't know how anyone gets anything done with them .