cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New app problems

The new app has real performance problems, I have it on my two Roku sticks tablet and phone. It is really slow starting and has crashed a few times especially the android version. Also the inability to resume from where I leave a program has still not been addressed. The overall UI is terrible not at all friendly. The previous version was far better. Can't believe they didn't fix the resume issue at least 😡

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to delete the app and reinstall it?

You could always try unplugging the router and plugging it back it.

Whilst I do know these might not help, it’s worth trying as I understand there has been some issues with the rebranded “NOW” on Roku devices.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but yep all tried. The biggest bug is the failure to fix the resume issue, really annoying and so random as to where It decides to resume.

shrik
Advocate

I wonder if this better or worse than not working at all? 😬

The new app simply doesn't work on my Roku Streaming Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi shrik,

Mine does at least work, so during trying different things I found that if when your on the main page just press the star top right and click check for updates on the now app. Or remove the now app and re add it. That may at least get it working for you. Hope that helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same with mine, have Nowtv actually said they’re looking into this or should I just cancel my subscription now?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @shrik 

Keep an eye on other threads such as this.

The issue is well known across the forum.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Now-tv-keeps-defaulting-to-the-home-screen/m-p/556828#M19256

Unfortunately I don’t own a Roku device to test out.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah just been on Twitter as well and safe to say a fair few people with problems. I'm awaiting a reply at the moment. I will keep you updated with their suggestions 😁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So after several replies on Twitter from Now help account the final suggestion was to factory reset all my devices to see if that works. I said I was sure that it was the App that is the problem not every device I use, they didn't reply after that. Not the outcome I'd hoped for. So hopefully Now techs have a look on here but to be honest I doubt it.