cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Device and Swaps Liimits

Now TV Devices update.pngJust found this in My Account ~ Devices. So am I really getting to add 9 devices? Everyone else is just saying 6 Max. but above says 6 at Account start-up, Longer you stay the more you get, reward?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The screenshot you posted has been badly worded by NowTV and would confuse customers in my opinion.

In theory you can add 5 devices (not all at the same time thou), by adding 2 (which takes the maximum total of 6 allowed) then by deleting 3, then adding a further 3 during the calendar month i.e. your 3 device swaps.

However you are still restricted under the new Device policy and governed to a maximum of 6 permitted devices on your account.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Matty999
Scholar

It's only 6 devices in total. Of the 5 additional devices you have available the first 2 will take you up to the limit, the remaining 3 would then need to replace an existing device. 

RoyB
Legend

@Matty999 wrote:

It's only 6 devices in total. Of the 5 additional devices you have available the first 2 will take you up to the limit, the remaining 3 would then need to replace an existing device. 

Are you sure? That would imply that @Anonymous User had 9 (or more) NowTV devices, and that the dialogue he was in could see every one of them (or at least 9 of them).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I only have 4 devices added with 2 free slots showing, so that would be 6 in total but the big green box says 5 more can be added. Maybe NowTV are as confused as I am.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Matty999 wrote:

I can imagine that is what is meant as there are only two new unused spots in the list but add 2 and swap 3 doesn’t equate to add 5 in my book, after all if I had only added 2 of the 4 limit previously would they have said that I could add 3 more? 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think @Matty999 is right here. 

As you have 4 devices but had the ability to add 2 more to take you up to 6. 

That would reduce your changes down to 3. 

That 3 would be your swaps for this month. 

Does that help at all? 

Thanks

Karl

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The screenshot you posted has been badly worded by NowTV and would confuse customers in my opinion.

In theory you can add 5 devices (not all at the same time thou), by adding 2 (which takes the maximum total of 6 allowed) then by deleting 3, then adding a further 3 during the calendar month i.e. your 3 device swaps.

However you are still restricted under the new Device policy and governed to a maximum of 6 permitted devices on your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to reset this limit. I don't want to wait for a month.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

As it is calendar-based, it should have reset for you four days ago.

Have you used up three swaps in those four days?

That’s going some......

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

How to reset this limit. I don't want to wait for a month.

Try using chat, they may do it for you.