Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ale
Advocate

New Customer

Hi there! 

I'm going to become a new NOW member!

During the activation process I was asked whether I already have a landline number or I need a new one. So I was wondering: do I necessarily need to activate a new landline? Is it possible to use NOW Broadband without a landilne? 

Many thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ale 

Only providers that do Fibre to the Property is where you don’t need a landline. Whereas NOW only offer Fibre to the Cabinet, so for some reason you must take out a landline with the broadband from NOW.

It doesn’t mean you actually need to use it. As I had a landline with my BT broadband for 3 years and I didn’t even have a handset plugged in.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Ale 

You have to have a landline, for the reasons @gavs82008 gives.

But you don’t have to take out a telephone service on it with Now, unless you want one.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Ale Just one more thing. Are you switching from another ISP? If so, choosing to keep your existing landline number should make the switching process smoother. If this is a first ever service then it doesn't matter. 

Ale
Advocate

@redchiz1 no it's a new service.

Ok that's clear thank you very much all!

Many thanks for your reply!