cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Network question

Hello, a humble appeal for help.

We’re coming to the end of an 18 month deal with TalkTalk, and the price is about to rocket, so I’m thinking of moving to Now Broadband with anytime calls.

We live in a strangely configured old house with thick walls, and I’m also getting weary of of messing around with access points, wifi repeaters, and android wifi-switching apps, so I’m looking to buy a TP-Link mesh 3-pack.

I have read that I would be forced to use the Now Broadband router, which only has two Ethernet ports, so I have come up with a network plan, using what I will have available, that would fit in with the layout and constraints of the house.

I know that there are lots of people on this forum who have infinitely more networking knowledge than me, and also have experience of what can and can’t be done with Now Broadband, so I wondered if someone might be able to take a quick look at my plan, and tell me if it would work or not.

If there are any real showstoppers, then I might have to stay with TalkTalk, but I hope not.

Many thanks in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kct44jtv3ohkwl/Network.png?dl=0

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After a quick glance, I'm not sure why you want the second router, the Deco's (running in AP mode) are probably all you need. Maybe get an 8 port switch as you seem to like using Ethernet.