cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Need to speak to a human being, have line fault

The help section on Now does not seem to cater for land line faults at all, then when you try to report the fault there is not an option? Can't find any way of speaking to a human being on this site at all, only other upset customers! What a disgraceful way for NOW to behave, making it so difficult to contact any of their employees. Is there a number I can phone??

10 REPLIES 10
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User freephone number in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The help system does not work at all if you have a land line fault and the account holder relies on a relative.

My mother is 85 years old

I look after (or try to) her NOW account.

Her landline has a definite fault.

When she phones out all is well.

However any incoming calls cannot hear her at all.

The NOW system affectively bars ANYONE from phoning about the account unless they are the account holder. It is impossible to actually speak to a human being at NOW unless you are the actual account holder. With Plusnet you can easily get in touch with a human to explain the situation. Their system is far better.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Get her to call and request for you to have account access. 

Alternatively try emailing support, using the address in the below picture.

357C4452-2C7C-4F8B-9B27-F62BDCA53B43.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have phoned up the NOW Broadband Team on behalf of my elderly Dad on a few occasions.

The only downside is that NOW Broadband Team asks you to temporary put the account holder on the telephone line for a short time about a minute to confirm they are the account holder and the other person phoning in has permission to deal with their account.

Obviously the above is of no use if you live miles away from the account holders home.

Maybe email NOW and ask them the procedure if it can be overcome.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That should have said "presumably know" not "resume in me know". I was dictating it on my phone. LOL

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

That should have said "presumably know" not "resume in me know". I was dictating it on my phone. LOL

Your phone ditcation is better than my tpying 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

you'd get more sence talking to a brick wall than the helpline team ha . if you go to now account then click broadband then test line, if it picks up a fault you can book engineer on the site that way

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

If you are administering her account, you will resume in me know the answer to any security questions they ask. So just don't tell them you're not her.

‘Hello, I am my mother - please excuse my very deep voice this morning’ 😛

I had to get my wife to impersonate my mother for such purposes…..

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in the same position, my landline is not working and i can't find answers anywhere and no one to speak to. No wonder it is cheaper than the others. I am not impressed.