cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Need a new phoneline socket!

Hi i need a new phoneline socket inside my home the other has came off the wall and wires disconnected! Ive rang now tv customer services today and they said 24 to 5 days! Is this correct? Also she said theres a fault outside too which needs doing! . Does anyone knw how long it will take for engineer to come out and sort this as i have 4 kids goin nuts woth no internet no tv and i have to speak to my partner on the phone everyday due to him being away and hes also a carer! I need this sorting asap! Thankyou

2 REPLIES 2
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User an engineer would be sent from Openreach so it's they who determine the timescale. To be honest, 4-5 days sounds reasonable.

If you can't wait to have the box replaced by Openreach, you could do a Google search for a local private engineer who does emergency call outs. No idea of the cost but I doubt it will be cheap.

You may also find that Now will not guarantee the work of a private engineer so if it's done incorrectly, you may have to pay for another engineer.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976   @Anonymous User 

Hey Saint

Just a thought, bearing in mind that the wires coming into a customer's home, as well as the telephone box inside, all belong to OpenReach, do you actually think that they would sanction an unapproved private engineer messing about with their equipment?

I would suggest that Lou waits for the OpenReach engineer to turn up.

UK Bob