cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael777

NOWtv Hub two

Hi I have had this broadband hub for a number 8f years now, moved house once with it, maybe twice,  it keeps cutting of , its getting worse these days, all I have is amazon stick,  and my mobile using WiFi,  I need help, and can't get any help from Web page. A few people have said I probably need a new hub. I'm not tech savy, so any information on how to contact a real talking human being would be greatly appreciated. TYIA 

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
chilli2
Elite

What router model do you have? as far as i know Now have produced two different models, a really old one, and a newer one, neither of them are much good.

The good news is you can use a third party router that you can buy yourself, all you need to do is ensure that it is compatable with your internet service and Sky's/Now's use of option 61/MER for the log in and authentication

RoyB
Legend

@Michael777 @chilli2 

And is a modem/router, not just a router.

But first, talk to a real human being on the Now Broadband support telephone number, which they will have supplied to you when you signed up.

Though if you don’t have a record of it, try 0800 759 1213. If they are closed now, you can ring them after 8am tomorrow.

Check you have the latest hub, and whether they have any other suggestions to improve your broadband’s performance, like trying a replacement new hub even if you do have a Hub 2, as it may have gone faulty.

If nothing they suggest or do makes any difference, time to take @chilli2‘s advice.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
This week, I are genrally been watching epsidoes on my Sasmung TV
chilli2
Elite

Ive not got enough ime to go into detail, but as above if using your own device it needs to be compatable.

By "router" most people mean an all in one, single box solution, for services that run on the open reach copper network these "routers" will have a dsl modem, router, wifi access point and more, if you have any questions then search this forum for own router, and/or ask

One thing of note is you say you have had Now broadband for a number of years , while the price is good at start up for the first 12 months, and sometimes you can get the same price deal again - sometimes this deal can come to an end so keep a keen eye on the prices and how much you are being charged - there has been one recent case where someone reported their price doubling