cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV hub - awful WiFi signal

My WiFi signal from the hub has been getting progressively worse over recent months and it didn't even start out from a very good place compared to previous routers. WiFi keeps 'disappearing' around the house and now is non-existent in the kitchen despite being a mere 4 metres max from the hub. Will NOWTV send some better equipment if I complain (not that that I can actually work out where to complain to) or should I just go elsewhere for broadband seeing as my contract is up next month? (Please don't suggest powerline adaptors as these should be entirely unnecessary. My previous Sky hub managed to cover all rooms perfectly well so there is no need whatsoever for additional equipment, just a much better router.)

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same with us.  It is awful.  Often get no wifi on our mobiles.  Sometimes just one device can't connect, other times none can connect, only internet via ethernet cable.  We've invested in Devolo Magic 2  so at least have a few points where we can plug in laptops/PCs around the house, however still having intermittent wifi issues that do seem to be getting worse.  Don't know what our options are.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well TT

You can buy yourself a wi-fi extender/booster, Amazon UK sell them by the bucket load, check out the following URL:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=wi-fi+booster+range+extender&crid=2I21SAO7F8BR9&sprefix=wi-fi+%2Caps%2C457&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_6

BTW, I bought myself a TP-Link TL-WA850RE N300 wi-fi extender in July 2019 for an upstairs back bedroom, and since then I've been quite happy with it.

UK Bob

PS. My ISP is NOT Now TV.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a look at this link, hopefully it will be of some help.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer using an Ethernet cable.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had an EE router and it worked perfectly, since changing to NOW I can only get WIFI in the same room as the router, in the room next door it's useless.