cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV Windows 10 Application will not launch

Hi,

Today I purchased the entertainment package and downloaded the player when I wanted to watch The Wire. However when I click watch season 1 episode 1 and the pop up at the top of chrome comes up, I click to launch the App and watch and nothing happens. 

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this? 

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't use a PC for watching NOW, but maybe try a different internet browser instead of Chrome when using the NOW Player software on the website.

Don't know if this linked guide helps or not.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-on-windows 

Hopefully a PC user who has encountered this problem will provide the necessary information on how to resolve it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I have already tried on Edge, Chrome and Firefox and none of the three seem to work. I don't believe it is a problem with the browser. It seems to be a problem with the NOWTV Player just not launching. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and delete all the files related to the install on "\appdata\roaming\NOWTV" however neither seemed to work. Really not sure what I can do to make the app launch..

Thanks again

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Hopefully a PC user on the forum will come along who uses the NOWTV Player and will offer some further assistance & help.

I am more old school and watch NOW on my television via a dedicated streaming box. 

In the mean time see if anything in this linked thread helps.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/NOW-TV-player-crashing-on-Windows-10/td-p/499680/highlight/true

Also ignore any advice about downloading or using the NOW App from the Microsoft Store because it is not supported anymore and has been removed where your only option is the NOWTV Player in conjunction with your Internet browser. 

If nothing helps, then I would try typing in the Community search box something like "NOWTV Player"  or "Windows 10" and have a read of the various hit results to see if anything points you in the right direction.

Unfortunately there will be quite a lot of threads to plough through where some of them will not be relevant in your particular case.

If no joy, quite a few of the threads will have a link to NOW live chat and if nobody comes back with the solution then get in touch with NOW live chat for further help on the matter.

Hopefully buried in one of the threads when doing a search will be the answer.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User have a look at this thread. Unfortunately I don't use the Windows player so can't say where exactly that file to delete is but I've directed a few people to that thread and the fix worked for them. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Now-TV-Player-not-working-Opening-on-PC/m-p/550430#M7185

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. I had actually already found this thread, but had not tried until now. However, I cannot seem to find any file related to the name of my NOWTV account after a pretty long search... It seems that whenever I click to open the NOWTV Player application, that my computer tries to load it for 1-2 seconds and nothing happens. Still cannot for the life of me figure out why.

Thanks anyway