cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV Hub Two broadcasting a Sky SSID, connection dropping the last few days

Hello,

Had NOWTV Broadband for 1-2 years with no issues whatsoever during this time.

For the past week however the connection (Ethernet + WiFi) has been dropping sporadically, only for a few seconds but enough to make Zoom/Teams calls hectic and Gaming/Streaming buffer or disconnect entirely. Some days have been worse than others.

We have tried resetting/rebooting the router which sometimes fixes it for a short while but not always.

Turning off the Wireless Access Point altogether seems to fix the issue completely (TV and Desktop PC are connected through Ethernet) but isn't ideal.

The only thing I haven't done yet is split the 2.4/5GHz bands as a few of our devices didn't seem to want to connect properly when we've done this in the past, and quite frankly I haven't changed any settings around this for this issue to arise recently.

But here's the interesting part: When logging into the Router through Ethernet we are sometimes greeted with a Sky Router homepage. A couple of refreshes usually brings us back to the NOWTV Hub page. I understand that NOWTV uses the same hardware as Sky so I'm not too surprised at this. However, when looking at the Sky Router homepage I can see that it's broadcasting a SKY SSID as well as having devices connected to it that we do not recognise.

I know this may sound a bit iffy but could my NOWTV Hub Two be faultily sending out two conflicting SSIDs? When turning off the Wireless Access Point seems to fix the issues altogether it leaves me wondering...

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go into the NowTV Hub webpage settings by typing 192.168.01 in your internet url address bar and under the Maintenance tab, then Router Status what firmware version is it saying ?

I am guessing you have tried holding in the reset button on the back of the Router for about 10 seconds to see if fixes anything.

I have split the 2.4Ghz and 5ghz on my NowTV Hub 2 Router, plus disabled IPV6 on the Hub 2 Router.

And for me the NowTV Hub has been totally reliable without dropouts for about 3 years since i joined NowTV Broadband.

Perhaps give the NowTV Broadband Team a call tomorrow to see if they can assist & help further.

Do you have their phone number ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps , thanks for your reply.

You guess right, I've tried holding the reset button.

Funnily enough I haven't actually been able to get back into the NOWTV Hub webpage since making this post. I keep getting the Sky Hub page, and can't go any further than the Home page "Summary Status" as clicking on any of the pages asks me to login. Trying to use "admin" as username and "sky" as password don't work (nor my WiFi password as password) and the "nowtv" password doesn't work either so I'm a little stuck.

I'll keep trying and let you know if I manage to get through but I'm really starting to suspect the router has packed up. May have to call the Broadband Team as you suggest, I couldn't find their number?

Cheers,

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Use the telephone number on this link page below to reach the NowTV Broadband Team.

If you do manage to get back into the NowTV Hub webpage settings, there is a option under one of the tabs to factory reset the Hub back to its original shipment settings (though holding in the reset button on the back of the Router for around 10 seconds should do the same thing).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1