cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV Hub 2 settings.

Anybody else having problems changing the settings on their NOWTV Hub?

As soon as I try to make any changes to the settings, such as, deselecting 'Enable Wireless Access Point' or 'Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings' or even 'setting a new password', I make the changes, then, when I click the green 'Apply' button, I always lose my internet connection. I then have to reset the Hub to get my internet access back. It happens everytime. I've lost count of the number of times I've tried to make basic changes, and failed everytime. Is it me, or the Hub that's the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If holding in the reset button on the back of the NOW Hub 2 Router for about 15 seconds and starting all over again doesn't work.

Then get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team and ask for a replacement Hub Router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello schnapps,

thanks for the reply. I have just tried again to reset my Hub password, with the same result. When I press the green 'Apply' button I lose my internet connection and have to do a Hub reset. I will contact the NOW Broadband team about the problem.

Incidently, I spoke to somebody from NOW Broadband today about my slow broadband speed, (you have kindly been replying to my emails about this). The person on the phone said that the slow speed was because I have four devices attached to my account, (a tv, a portable internet radio, a mobile phone, and of course my computer). She said that each device was using up my broadband allowance, so my broadband speed is spread out over 4 devices. But, even when all of those devices are switched off, except my computer, my download speed is still very low (usually less that 20 Mbps. So I don't know if that answer is correct or not.

Thanks again for your replies.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If all your internet devices are switched off and disconnected from the internet and you are still not achieving the minimum promised speed guaranteed when you signed up to NOW Fab Fibre.

When for example using a PC over Ethernet and testing the Ethernet down and up speeds then ask NOW Broadband to resolve it or look at an alternative ISP's who can give you the service that was promised when ordering.

Don't let the NOW Broadband Adviser fob you off if only for example the PC is running over Ethernet with no other internet devices connected to the Hub Router.

There's a little bit of information on this linked NOW article, where there is a FAQ about "my line speed is not what was promised".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-speeds-explained 

If you are going to stay with NOW Broadband to see if they can improve your speeds, then ask them for a replacement Hub Router to see if you can do the necessary adjustment settings on the Router described previously.

Should your previous ISP was Sky by any chance and you still have the Sky Router then try that on the NOW Broadband service to see if there is any improvement on your internet speeds.

I would have also possibly suggested to use your previous ISP Router has a wifi access point (never tried it myself) but it sounds like you won't be able to do it because your NOW Hub Router will not seem to accept any adjustments in it's webpage settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello schnapps,

My previous broadband provider was Virgin Media. Very good service, fast speeds, reliable connection, extra tv channels, but expensive, which is why I changed to NOW Broadband. My current internet speeds are much slower than I had with Virgin. I've still got all of my old Virgin Media equipment, but unfortunately it is not compatible with my NOW Broadband service.

(My Virgin Hub wasn't connected to my phone line like my NOW Broadband Hub is, Virgin Media installed their own cabling when I first joined).

I will contact the NOW Broadband team again to ask why I cannot change any settings on my Hub.

Thanks for your help.