cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SianD
Advocate

NOW TV Landline not working

Now TV landline not working at my vulnerable elderly mother's, cannot call her, live 100 miles away, when I test it here it says landline connection is fine but when call the number it says calling temporarily unavailable. Have searched and cannot find out how to contact customer services. It is urgent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@SianD 

Always a worry when you can’t get in touch 😢

For broadband/telephone services at Now, one of  0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462, or 0800 759 1213 may put you in contact with them.

For belt and braces in the future, do you think she could have a very simple mobile as well, such as one from the Doro range, designed with seniors in mind?

https://www.doro.com/en-gb/products/mobile-phones/?gclid=CjwKCAjwx_eiBhBGEiwA15gLN5Fc74LR13r9Yq9uX-o...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jayach
Elite 3

RoyB
Legend

@SianD 

Always a worry when you can’t get in touch 😢

For broadband/telephone services at Now, one of  0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462, or 0800 759 1213 may put you in contact with them.

For belt and braces in the future, do you think she could have a very simple mobile as well, such as one from the Doro range, designed with seniors in mind?

https://www.doro.com/en-gb/products/mobile-phones/?gclid=CjwKCAjwx_eiBhBGEiwA15gLN5Fc74LR13r9Yq9uX-o...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SianD
Advocate

Hi Roy

Thank you so much for all this information and your support. There is still an outage on the line so I am just going to investigate your Dory mobile phone range suggestion.

Thanks again.

130424Noline
Advocate

Your lucky it is not April 2024 yobs tried to pinch telephone cable from the A3/M25 roadworks and most of our village is without land line since monday 8th my neighbours can get sense from their provider BT who send texts and say not expected back until 20th April but I can find no-one in NOW or SKY  to report it. I've been round and round their complicated website and tried to send e-mail reply to their general e-mails but with no phone absolutely lost.

RoyB
Legend

@130424Noline 

If you have a mobile, call one of the numbers in my solution, above. If you don’t, maybe one of your fellow-villagers will take pity on you, and let you call from theirs?

130424Noline
Advocate

@RoyB Thank you -its nice to hear from someone! My neighbours keep me in touch with the landline - that's why I knew about BT so I am not particularly worried about that - only that NOW and SKY does not seem to have any way to communicate except for phone - surely they could have a text or e-mail service though I know hiring staff to answer it would be expensive. 

To add insult to injury my contract ran out on the 14th April and it seems they've doubled the monthly charge although they told me in recant emails  things would carry on as usual. Not a happy customer