cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV HUB - Switching off WIFI

Hello,

Can anyone advise if i can scedule (ideal), or manually set (second place) the wifi to be off on the nowtv hub.

If the answer is no to all of these - what is the current view on turning routers off every night?  I remember being told that turning off is bad because the network thinks there is a fault, so will slow broadband down trying to find a stable speed.  When turned back on it can take a few days for speed to come back to normal.

Help/comments are appreciated

Using:  TV Combo with fibre broadband

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User From one Andy to another welcome to the forum. Unfortunately there's no way to either schedule the wifi on the Hub. You can manually disable wifi but you'd then need to connect back to the Hub with a wired device to be able to re-enable it. 

As for turning routers off at night, I suspect you'll get a different answer from everyone you ask. In theory yes it's recommended to keep on all night, that's what I and the majority will do. It's possible DLM will kick in if it sees disconnections but I would have thought it's more likely to do this with frequent disconnections rather than just overnight and I suspect there's plenty of people who will switch off overnight for environmental/health issues. I'd just say go with what feels best for you, if you do notice your speed gradually pulling back you can always revert to leaving it on. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User From one Andy to another welcome to the forum. Unfortunately there's no way to either schedule the wifi on the Hub. You can manually disable wifi but you'd then need to connect back to the Hub with a wired device to be able to re-enable it. 

As for turning routers off at night, I suspect you'll get a different answer from everyone you ask. In theory yes it's recommended to keep on all night, that's what I and the majority will do. It's possible DLM will kick in if it sees disconnections but I would have thought it's more likely to do this with frequent disconnections rather than just overnight and I suspect there's plenty of people who will switch off overnight for environmental/health issues. I'd just say go with what feels best for you, if you do notice your speed gradually pulling back you can always revert to leaving it on. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My PC is connected to the hub with an ethernet cable. How do I manually disable the WIFI?