cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Boost delay

Hi there

I have Sky Sport/Cinema/Entertainment memberships, and pay for the monthly Boost. 

Boost used to work fine but for the past few days there is a delay of about 20 minutes every time I turn on Sky Sports and every time I switch channels until the Boost kicks in. It used to be almost instant. 

I have tried signing out of my account etc on my TV (Talk Talk TV 4K Box with NOW TV app installed). No change. However, it works fine on my other TV (via Playstation 4). Is it a NOW issue, or a Talk Talk one?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing the Boost element is the 1080p picture side of things where when pressing the info button the streaming figure on screen never gets to around 7800 to 8000 until the 20 minute mark ?

You mention Sky Sports, is it also happening also on both Entertainment and Cinema with these two other Memberships you have ?

Somebody else over on NOW Twitter yesterday said that they was finding the picture quality on their new TalkTalk 4K box also poor when watching Sky Sports via the NOW App.

Can help much apart from try rebooting your Router and TalkTalk box and if that doesn't work if your TalkTalk Router can support third party DNS such has Google DNS then maybe try that has a test.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there

It is actually affecting all memberships (Entertainment, Cinema and Sports), still the same. Tried signing out, rebooting etc to no avail. 

Just tried it on the Sky Racing channel - can't even read the names of the horses on the right-hand side. All blurred. Football is unwatchable, players just a blurred image. Pressing info says streaming quality is 351. 

The fact that other people are saying the same thing suggests it is 4K Box related, or the NOW app, especially as it has been working fine for months and has only gone wrong over the past few days (as others have also alluded to). The Boost works fine on my other devices, and kicks in instantly. Just not with the 4K Box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Horse racing now streaming at 7834 ... after a delay of nearly an hour.

Switched channels to football, back to streaming at 351 ... presumably with another hour to wait.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like there is an issue with HD Boost with the new TalkTalk 4K box reading this thread over on the TalkTalk forum.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TV/4kbox-now-TV-sport-not-streaming-hd/td-p/2915970 

Might be a good idea to add your name to the list on this linked thread above over on the TalkTalk Community forum if you haven't already.

If it's happening on all three of your NOW Memberships then has a temporary test if the box has a resolution setting then maybe try 1080p rather than 4K.