cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW Broadband order delay

I got the following message on 23/Jun, please let me know the further information when I can reuse my broadband?👇

Hi, it's NOW Unfortunately there's been a delay with your NOW Broadband order. Our team of experts are working to resolve this and will update you on 29/06/2022. For more info go to nowtv.com/order-delay. You may be eligible for our Auto Compensation Scheme, go to nowtv.com/compensation to find out.

I am stopping all the jobs to waiting your broadband working, I need to change other company if I still needed to wait some days.

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You are best to call the broadband team to find out what is going on. Be quick as the lines close at 8pm

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/switching-to-now-broadband-or-moving-home

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412485
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

Have you just moved into a new property - in other words is this a new provide?

if not...

then was the previous ISP virgin media or any other provider that doesn't use ( bt) openreach wires?

If you had an internet service in the property before you signed upto now that was not virgin media, via a mobile network, or other network ( such as one that uses  Wimax) what was it?

Jayach
Elite 3

Or to put it more simply, are you new to FTTC in this property?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, I have been using Now Broadband at the same location for 1 year before discontinuing due to price increases. Later I changed my mind and joined the new plan, the salesman confirmed that I can reconnect on 25/6, but unfortunately 23/6 to receive the text message needs to be delayed, but there is no exact date? Is it your responsibility to inform me how long I still have to wait?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

No-one on this thread works for NOW, so it is not our responsibility to inform you. Call the broadband team using the number I provided in the post last night. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

When you cancel a broadband service thats delivered on the openreach network it can take upto 14 days for the line to be de activated, and then it can take upto 14 days for it to be re- activated , so looks like your in the cease and re-provide trap and you could be offline for some time ( a month?)

That is why when you change ISP you should never cancel your old contract with your old ISP instead you should let your new ISP deal with the transfer .

If you are re-contracting then noting should change, but it looks like youve gone for the cease and re provide route with the associated long wait times.

on top of that if your cabinet is full, and has a waiting list then someone else may have taken your old slot and you may be waiting for a significant amount of time or a good few months.

if thats the case then thats the choice you made when you decided to cancel and then sign back up.

One more thing on that subject, if your area is in a copper stop sell the you will not be able to get Now at all, instead you will have to get a much more expensive "full fibre" deal with another ISP

In most cases advertised offers/deals are for new customers only - hence the low price to tempt people in

Jayach
Elite 3

@chilli2 wrote:

One more thing on that subject, if your area is in a copper stop sell the you will not be able to get Now at all, instead you will have to get a much more expensive "full fibre" deal with another ISP

Not all ISPs charge extra for FTTP, Vodafone for instance charges the same for equivalent services, Their Superfast services will be provided on FTTP if it is available, and FTTC if not.

It's only when you want to take advantage of the higher possible speeds that it becomes more expensive.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how do i get delay service compensation

Jayach
Elite 3