cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dftf
Mentor

NOW Broadband down, Tamworth area

When I woke-up this morning (Saturday 14 January 2023) my phone was asking me to sign into my Wi-Fi.  I looked at the router, and the "Internet" light was off.

Using my mobile-phone Internet I went to the "Your Service Status" and it advises "No broadband service. There is an outage affecting this customer. Reported: 2:22am" but no further info about when it will be fixed.

I eventually found a phone-number to call NOW on and was told "it's an OpenReach issue, they don't work weekends and we're only trained to say it will take 3-5 working days to resolve".

Is there any-way to get any further updates on how long this will take?

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dftf 

Any updates won’t be posted on the forum. In fact with my entire time of using the forum I’ve never seen broadband support post on it. 

You’re best to keep calling broadband support until your happy.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
dftf
Mentor

I don't think the UK phone team works weekends, and the overseas team they direct your call to can only offer the generic 3-5 days advice.

There is a chat feature on the support site, but it's just a bot that directs you to existing articles, but offers no actual person to connect to.

Pretty poor support when there is an issue at a weekend!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dftf 

The call centre works 7 days a week 8am until 8pm.

Are you using this number from the link below?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
dftf
Mentor

I didn't come-across the number listed there, no.

I went to the "Get in touch" pages (https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls) which offer this number: 0330 041 2472.  That's the one I used.

Pdg66
Mentor

Same issue in Essex. Outage affecting this customer suggests an issue with customer account/equipment but when eventually got through to cc in India i was told its an open reach issue. Up to 72hrs to fix...not impressed NOW 

RoyB
Legend

@dftf @Pdg66 

Openreach work Saturdays, and Saturdays are factored into their SLA (Service Level Agreement).

With Now it is three business days, which is where the 72 hours come from. More expensive ISPs may have a 2 working days/48 hours deal with Openreach.

You pays your money…..

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
dftf
Mentor

For anyone reading this whose service is still-down, remember that NOW Broadband (via their parent-company, Sky) is a member of the Ofcom Automatic Compensation scheme.

That means if your Internet service is down for two whole working-days, they must credit your account (or take off your next bill) £8.40, and then also give you £8.40 for each additional working-day it remains down.  So if your service goes-down on a Saturday, that would mean by the end of Tuesday you would be owed £8.40 if service remains down; and then £8.40 for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, if the service remains down for each of those days entirely.

You must report the service as being down on the first-day it does, so make-sure to phone NOW the moment it does, and get a reference number for the call, if possible; or at-least note who you spoke to, and the time and date of the call.

Cheers all, got an outage in Somersham, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. Seems very similar.