cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW Broadband connection drop every 30 minutes, exactly

Every 30 minutes, and thats exactly every 30 mins, my NOW broadband connection seems to drop.

Today is happening at 07 and 37 minutes past each hour, yesterday it was every 12 and 42 minutes past each hour, and the day before was every 17 and 47 minutes past each hour, etc.

It impacts all devices on my wifi network - the devices (seemingly) remain connected to the wifi, but the connection to the internet disappears for a few seconds. Its incredibly frustrating when on video calls!

Adding my router stats below in case that hints at anything, and I'm also running a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) on my connection.

We've previously had Open Reach engineers out to check the line, but they never find anything since its an intermittent issue and in between these half-hourly disconnects the line is rock solid.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Its all very techy for me, best to give the broadband team a call. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know it sounds unlikely, but the last time I heard a complaint  like that, it turned out to be a problem with the anti-virus in use. Just before the next expected drop disconnect  your PC (assuming you use one) from the router and see if it still drops.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User did you get this resolved? I've had a similar issue for over 7 weeks, except mine seems to be very random, and very frequent.