cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My broadband is not working on my Android Tablet

no broadband/ Internet on my Android tablet, any suggestions Please?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problems for me using both an Android phone and Android Tablet with the NOW Hub 2 Router.

Here's the adjustments that i have done to the NOW Hub 2 Router.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

In my setup 2.4GHz wifi works better for me in my Home environment than 5GHz, where i have set the majority of my devices  for 2.4GHz.

Also a few users have reported random wifi drop outs on their phones using the NowTV Hub 2 Router.

Where you could try accessing the Hub 2 Router webpage settings (following steps 1 & 2 above and instead of selecting the Maintenance Tab, select the Advanced Tab), then select the LAN IP Setup tab below it, then disable the IPV 6 on Lan side by unticking the box and clicking the green Apply Button towards the bottom of the screen.

The disable of the IPV6 over Lan seemed to help people who have reported wifi random dropouts on their phone and other devices using the NowTV Hub 2.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried your suggestion of disabling IPV6 over LAN but it has resulted in even poorer performance.

The problem I have is with a VANKYO S8 TABLET running Android 9, having recently gone over to NOWTV.

The Vankyo tablet is the only wireless device I'm having problems with. All my other 10 wireless devices work perfectly through the NOWTV hub, and with a fast connection (including a Fire 7 tablet).

The Vankyo tablet works perfectly with other WiFi network (I have tried 3 others).  

I followed your suggestion of creating separate 2.4G and 5G networks.

The Vankyo does not see the 5G, but connects ok to the 2.4G (which I have set to channel 3 where there is no competition). However, the download speed is only about 0.1 MBPS, the upload a bit more. It can receive emails and notifications but that's about all. Any attempt to browse results in the connection dropping.    

I'd be grateful for any further advice from anyone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

The Vankyo does not see the 5G, but connects ok to the 2.4G (which I have set to channel 3 where there is no competition). However, the download speed is only about 0.1 MBPS, the upload a bit more. It can receive emails and notifications but that's about all. Any attempt to browse results in the connection dropping.    

Which suggests the Vankyo is 2.4Ghz only. (or the 5Ghz is on a channel it can't use)

Does the connection speed improve if you are close to the router?

chilli2
Elite

Things to try:

download an app called wifi anylzer : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&gl=GB

this will let you see just what is available, if the 2.4Ghz band is congested try changing the channel via the routers setting

Split the wifi channels, give the 2.4Ghz networks and 5Ghz networks different names (ssid)

Delete the wifi network from your tablet, re boot your router wait for it to come back up and then re-connect the wifi on the tablet - note do not continuously re boot the router as this will/may affect your download speeds

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Depending on your tablet, if it is 2.4Ghz only and not configured correctly for Europe/UK and the router has chosen to use channels 12 or 13, the tablet won't see the SSID.

More info on the exact problem would help.