cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My WIFI Signal is poor

I have been with NOW BB for just a few weeks and now that the BB signal has settled down I am happy with the speed I am receiving if connected to the router by ethernet. The Wifi signal in the same room as the router gives a good signal and the download speed is good. However, as soon as I move to any other room the Wifi signal is poor with a 70% reduction in download speed and at the top of the house it is non-existent. With my previous internet provider (talktalk) the wifi signal was good all over the house. I have tried changing the router wifi channel but it does not make a difference.

Do NOW BB provide Wifi extenders to make sure I can get wifi all around my house?

PWaH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi PWaH

Looks like I have the same problem.  

My particular problem is with calls using Wifi mobile phones.  The signal drops off and only improves when I'm back on the same floor as the router. As you say, need to know if Wifi boosters available? 

Greg73a

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I will try that but surely I shouldn't have to start messing around with
various settings. If the engineer had actually come to install the line and
router at the property as originally booked, they could/SHOULD have done
all that to ensure YOUR service, that I'M paying for, works as it should.
So far, not impressed at all. I called your helpline, who confirmed that
not only wasn't the service working correctly in the property, I'm not even
getting the guaranteed minimum speed to the property.
But apparently that 'guarantee is worthless and it means nothing. As a
customer, who is not getting the 'guaranteed' service, I don't get any
credit note, refund, nor the option of canceling. What is the point of
calling it 'guaranteed' ???
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you are truly unhappy you are best to call the broadband team, saying "your service" means nothing on a customer to customer forum.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
AnnieUpNorth
Mentor

Hi Gary. I tried splitting the signal but it didn't work. I had to buy a wif extender: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Universal-Extender-Broadband-TL-WA854RE/dp/B07PKX1ZD1/ref=sr_1_4?cr...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you install the Signal Extender and, if so, did this solve your poor signal problem?

AnnieUpNorth
Mentor

Yes, I did install the wi-fi extender and it certainly improved the signal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am new customer and the WiFi is very poor. Can't go beyond current room.. my talk talk could go across the whole house...

What are the solutions now TV give? I'm still able to cancel my subscription

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I know this will sound strange, but a previous poster said that their old TalkTalk router (Sagemcom Fast 5364) worked on their Now line, after they factory reset it, so give it a try. Do let us know either way if you do try it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I moved my Wi-Fi box away from my telly and bam works fine now hope this helps
AnnieUpNorth
Mentor

I bought two wifi extenders to boost the signal and it's fine now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apologies for not being able to respond.  stupidly busy...

My son says the internet connecton is 'bearable'.

My house is big,  so finding a wifi repeater that will cover the whole house, is an issue.  

so,  what router/repeater can i use in place of the nowtv one (the talktalk i gave back).

(the nowtv device is at the front of the house).  the length from front to back is 18 metres, and from router to the left it is 10metre. , and it is currently on the 1st floor.  i have a ground floor and later may go into the roof. - wifi in the kitchen downstairs is non existent.

Any advise on how i can remedy this I would be interested.