cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My WIFI Signal is poor

I have been with NOW BB for just a few weeks and now that the BB signal has settled down I am happy with the speed I am receiving if connected to the router by ethernet. The Wifi signal in the same room as the router gives a good signal and the download speed is good. However, as soon as I move to any other room the Wifi signal is poor with a 70% reduction in download speed and at the top of the house it is non-existent. With my previous internet provider (talktalk) the wifi signal was good all over the house. I have tried changing the router wifi channel but it does not make a difference.

Do NOW BB provide Wifi extenders to make sure I can get wifi all around my house?

PWaH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi PWaH

Looks like I have the same problem.  

My particular problem is with calls using Wifi mobile phones.  The signal drops off and only improves when I'm back on the same floor as the router. As you say, need to know if Wifi boosters available? 

Greg73a

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AnnieUpNorth 

Give the broadband team a call. 

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/my-broadband-or-calls-arent-working-as-expec...

NOW Broadband customers can get in touch anytime between 8am–11pm.

Call us 0330 041 2480
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
AnnieUpNorth
Mentor

Thank you. I did call them, but they wouldn't talk to me as I am not a 'priority' customer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my wife i so bad and over the years has got worse I have it now split to do different networks and still just as bad now i by no means live in some big house I live in a gff my kitchen and lounge is open plan and yet I step out of the Lounge area and no Wi-Fi it’s actually shocking 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did that and didn’t work; now won’t let me go back in as days login failure as someone else is 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try performing a factory reset to the router by holding the reset button for around 10-15 seconds. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I did all that still really bad
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Give the broadband team a call to see what they can do. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.

AnnieUpNorth
Mentor

I'd like to know when you hear something. I am really disappointed with wifi in the house.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My WiFi is awful. No problems with previous suppliers, but thought I'd go with NOW broadband, although I 'now' wish I hadn't. Signal fine if standing next to router but as soon as I walk away and into another room, the signal becomes practically non-existent. I need a signal throughout the whole house, not just in the room where the router is. Pointless. Come on NOW! Sort this issue out!!!!!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to split the Wi-fi?

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.