cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary
Advocate

Re: My WIFI Signal is poor

My WiFi is awful. No problems with previous suppliers, but thought I'd go with NOW broadband, although I 'now' wish I hadn't. Signal fine if standing next to router but as soon as I walk away and into another room, the signal becomes practically non-existent. I need a signal throughout the whole house, not just in the room where the router is. Pointless. Come on NOW! Sort this issue out!!!!!

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gary 

Have you tried to split the Wi-fi?

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
0 Thanks
AnnieUpNorth
Mentor

Hi Gary. I tried splitting the signal but it didn't work. I had to buy a wif extender: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Universal-Extender-Broadband-TL-WA854RE/dp/B07PKX1ZD1/ref=sr_1_4?cr...

0 Thanks
Gary
Advocate

I will try that but surely I shouldn't have to start messing around with
various settings. If the engineer had actually come to install the line and
router at the property as originally booked, they could/SHOULD have done
all that to ensure YOUR service, that I'M paying for, works as it should.
So far, not impressed at all. I called your helpline, who confirmed that
not only wasn't the service working correctly in the property, I'm not even
getting the guaranteed minimum speed to the property.
But apparently that 'guarantee is worthless and it means nothing. As a
customer, who is not getting the 'guaranteed' service, I don't get any
credit note, refund, nor the option of canceling. What is the point of
calling it 'guaranteed' ???
0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gary 

If you are truly unhappy you are best to call the broadband team, saying "your service" means nothing on a customer to customer forum.

0 Thanks
i4detail
Observer

Did you install the Signal Extender and, if so, did this solve your poor signal problem?

0 Thanks
AnnieUpNorth
Mentor

Yes, I did install the wi-fi extender and it certainly improved the signal.

0 Thanks
Natnat85
Mentor

my wife i so bad and over the years has got worse I have it now split to do different networks and still just as bad now i by no means live in some big house I live in a gff my kitchen and lounge is open plan and yet I step out of the Lounge area and no Wi-Fi it’s actually shocking 

0 Thanks
NewNowTV

I did that and didn’t work; now won’t let me go back in as days login failure as someone else is 

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@NewNowTV 

Try performing a factory reset to the router by holding the reset button for around 10-15 seconds. 

0 Thanks