cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My WIFI Signal is poor

I have been with NOW BB for just a few weeks and now that the BB signal has settled down I am happy with the speed I am receiving if connected to the router by ethernet. The Wifi signal in the same room as the router gives a good signal and the download speed is good. However, as soon as I move to any other room the Wifi signal is poor with a 70% reduction in download speed and at the top of the house it is non-existent. With my previous internet provider (talktalk) the wifi signal was good all over the house. I have tried changing the router wifi channel but it does not make a difference.

Do NOW BB provide Wifi extenders to make sure I can get wifi all around my house?

PWaH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi PWaH

Looks like I have the same problem.  

My particular problem is with calls using Wifi mobile phones.  The signal drops off and only improves when I'm back on the same floor as the router. As you say, need to know if Wifi boosters available? 

Greg73a

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

my son has just pointed out that the now tv router does not even have a ethernet cable he can drag to his room.

so now, its even more of a problem..... he used a network cable before with talktalk to get reliable performance.

so looks like i'm really needing a new router, with nowtv.  please can someone offer advise on this ?

what router?  what do i need to reconfigure ? should i use repeaters ? 

chilli2
Elite

The router may not come with an ethernet cable, however its nothing special and any ethernet cable should work.

As for own router, all you need to do is a search on this forum for own router

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is the same too 😞

Really frustrated as rely on a good wifi signal in the house for work - office downstairs and upstairs

Has anyone had any useful suggestions from NowTV themselves?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My wifi is also very poor, when in kitchen the wifi signal reduces by 2 bars even though i can see router, i am not willing to  remove walls or doors as nowtv suggest in the help section to get a better wifi signal, my old supplier i could get signal in garden

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Seriously? Knock a wall down to compensate for their crappy WiFi? 😂🤣😂😅🤣😂

They must be the only ISP who have to have RSJ in their list of abbreviations 😛🤣😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is awful, never had this issue Plusnet, signal strength drops out the second I leave the Lounge. if I'm 10ft + away from the router itself, its pointless having it.

Very disappointed 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried the method of splitting the Wi-fi signals mentioned by @schnapps up thread?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for that,worked a treat!!
AnnieUpNorth
Mentor

Yes I split the wifi and it made no difference.