cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Moving from Sky Fibre - own router settings?

Hi

We are moving from Sky Fibre Broadband to NowTV Super Fibre and have a transfer date for next week. 

We currently use our own router, a TPLink Archer VR2100, to access Sky Fibre. When we set this up we followed the very simple steps written by Kevq. https://kevq.uk/how-to-use-a-tp-link-router-with-sky-fibre-optic

Is there a user name and password for NowTV broadband that we will need to enter to use to continue using our current setup when we switch over?

Thanks for your guidance 🙏 

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have never attempted to try a third party Router on the NowTV Broadband or Fibre service, but because the NowTV Hub is a clone of the Sky Router and NowTV piggy back on the Sky service.

Then i reckon you don't need to do anything apart from plug in your TP Link Archer Router on the day of switch over.

You may have to temporarily plug in the NowTV Hub 2 Router during the course of the live activation switch over day for the service to be registered under the My Account > Manage Account > Broadband & Calls > Orders & Appointments section of your online account.

Should other things need to be done from the above, then hopefully other forum members who have gone done this path of using a third party Router will assist and help you further.

Should you ever need to contact the NowTV Broadband Team for technical assistance or help, then make sure your NowTV Hub Router is plugged in otherwise NowTV will be reluctant to help using third party Routers on their Broadband service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps thank you.

I’ll keep everything crossed for transfer day 😊