cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Moving FTTC to NOW - provisioning / porting issue

Hi, newbie here - wondering if anyone can advise me please!

I'm in the process of moving broadband provider from Sky to Now. My requirements are simple (ie: a stable service, best speed I can get on FTTC (I'm 100 yards from the cabinet) and basic content filtering). The order was placed on 15th Dec via Quidco, the cashback offer was part of what made the switch compelling.

When checking on the order status today I see an error in My Account saying "Something's up with your order. We should be able to fix this but you'll need to call us first". Kit delivery and Go Live dates are showing as On Hold.

I called Now on 0330 0412460 (Option 2) and was told that the order was stuck as the landline number is showing as ceased by my previous provider (Sky). This was a sales team who offered to sell me a new service (I didn't want to do that and lose my landline number unnecessarily, or lose the Quidco cashback ).

Calling Sky and getting through to Tech support - everything shows as clean on their side, the service is still up, the landline is still active, and they don't see any cease request (either from Now or anywhere else, including me). I know I haven't ceased the service directly and my billing remains active with Sky.

Back to calling Now a few times to tell them of this. The second agent was unwilling to help / transfer me on to a 2nd line team, after calling again the third agent I spoke to was more helpful and speculated that there may be issues transferring from Sky but couldn't help further.

I'm aware that Now is a subsidiary of Sky (so in theory the switch should be simple, not complex for them but I suspect that's not the case). It could also be that the landline number I ported to Sky when I joined is now a VOIP number, given how Sky provide dialtone, which in turn is creating issues in porting again to Now (if that's the case though, then I'd be stuck with Sky forevermore I suspect).

Could any helpful community member direct me to the right Now support number to get someone to look into this more deeply than a front line sales team? 

Thanks folks 

0 REPLIES 0