cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mobile phone wifi drops

I am having an issue with our phones. We have Samsung j3 phoned and both of these are seeing the same issue. The issue is the phone connects to my wifi and works but after some time the wifi Internet drops and we get the page can not be displayed. The phone still shows the connection as active. To fix this issue just drop the phone of the wifi and then back on again and this works for a while did it happens again. 

We only get this on the phones other devices in the house work as normal. Our phones don't do this on any other wifi network just our at home. The router is 2.4ghz any ideas. 

2 REPLIES 2
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am having an issue with our phones. We have Samsung j3 phoned and both of these are seeing the same issue. The issue is the phone connects to my wifi and works but after some time the wifi Internet drops and we get the page can not be displayed. The phone still shows the connection as active. To fix this issue just drop the phone of the wifi and then back on again and this works for a while did it happens again. 

We only get this on the phones other devices in the house work as normal. Our phones don't do this on any other wifi network just our at home. The router is 2.4ghz any ideas. 

Have you tried changing the channel on the router at all @Anonymous User 

I found these steps online for common wifi issue regarding the J3

1. From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Applications.
  4. Tap Application manager
  5. Tap the Play Store.
  6. Tap Storage.
  7. Tap Clear data and then tap OK.
  8. Tap Clear cache.

If none of this works, come back to us and give me a shout @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi just tried this sadly it's made no difference.