cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LJ118
Advocate

Mobile Phone loses internet connection

Hello, 
I have had my NOW Hub Two for a few months now and have always struggled with the Wi-Fi connection on my phone, it seems to drop from time-to-time and the only way to fix the issue for a while is to restart my phone. (I have also tried resetting the router without restarting my phone and this doesn't really help) My other devices such as laptop and XBOX work fine on the network.

I am wondering if anyone else experiences these issues with their mobiles and how would I go about solving this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
redchiz1
Champion 2

You don't mention which smartphone you have. Sometimes they can struggle because of difficulties between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, try separating the SSIDs as suggested in Step 4 of the help article here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

RoyB
Legend

@LJ118 @redchiz1 

Do please report back - I shall be most interested to hear about your experiences with this.

In the event of continued problems, you might want to get a more powerful router - the Sky SR203, cheaply available pre-owned on eBay and elsewhere, would slot straight in without reconfiguration being needed.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
LJ118
Advocate

Hello, thanks for the advice, it is an iPhone 11.

Will give what you suggested a go.