cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LisaW

Micro filter

I have not been able to use my Now broadband because the supplied micro filter will not fit flush to to the BT master socket. Is there another Now micro filter available with a different shape? Or another way of connecting the one originally supplied by Now?

6 REPLIES 6
Jayach
Elite 3

I'm not on Now, but most microfilters are of the "soap on a rope" style. 

If Now are using the type that fit flush  can you explain why your one doesn't? (a picture may hep)

LisaW

I have tried to add a photo but apparently I “do not have permission to do so”

The horizontal flush fitting micro filter from Now will not fit flush to the master socket due to a satellite socket to the right. I t is a rented property so I cannot remove the satellite socket. I wondered if there is a vertical version of the micro filter or another way to overcome the problem?

chilli2
Elite

A photo of your socket will help us help you here.

And one little question, in the now distant past, did you have an old computer that connected to the internet via a dial up modem? That is you plugged it into the phone line and it made a squawking noise when it connected.

Next if the answer to that is yes, do you have any old cables/ wires etc tucked away from that old computer?

LisaW

There are no old cables to my knowledge. I have just moved in.

I have tried to add a photo but apparently I “do not have permission to do so”

The horizontal flush fitting micro filter from Now will not fit flush to the master socket due to a satellite socket to the right. It is a rented property so I cannot remove the satellite socket. I wondered if there is a vertical version of the micro filter or another way to overcome the problem?

Jayach
Elite 3

It is a little worrying that there is a socket that has a satellite socket on it. It doesn't sound like a BT/Openreach socket. is it possible you don't have a BT/Openreach line at all, could it be a Virgin line?

Have you connected a phone and is it working?

chilli2
Elite

This doesnt sound like a mastersocket,  is it marked as BT or openreach?

it should look like one of these

SocketsSockets

to add a photo, first upload it to an image sharing site, and you will then get a url/web address. click on "add photo" on this forum, then URL and add the URL ( address) of the photo you want to upload