cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brooky
Advocate

Low estimated speed

Hi so just recently moved from bt to now broadband.

With bt I had up to an 68/75mb connection

When originally looking at packages now broadband stated 67mb I believe for super fibre. 

Upon checking my account today estimated speed for the account is between 40/43mb with guaranteed at 36 the same as the lower speed fibre package.

Has anyone experienced lower estimated speeds but actually recieved higher or am I looking at 43mb or lower going forward?

18 REPLIES 18
Jayach
Elite 3

@Brooky wrote:
2023/5/23
23:45

57.58 download
15.86 upload

@Jayach wrote:

So you appear to be connected at 61Mbs down 17Mbs up, which is within the expected rate from the BT checker.

So I would expect your download figures to be close to 55/15 with a wired connection to the router.

Wow, good guess on my part.

So just what are you complaining about?

Jayach
Elite 3

@Jayach wrote:

So just what are you complaining about?

Sorry, I just re-read the original post, ignore the ridiculous estimated figures, goodness knows where they got them from.

Jayach
Elite 3

So you appear to be connected at 61Mbs down 17Mbs up, which is within the expected rate from the BT checker. (although I'm surprised at the max down rate of 100Mbs)

For comparison, these are my figures, and even though I have a higher sync my Max download is nowhere near 100Mbs. 

Jayach_0-1684886742454.png

Have you tried with the router in the test socket, and could we see the SNR figures?

So I would expect your download figures to be close to 55/15 with a wired connection to the router.

Are you testing download speeds over Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

Have you ever tested with the Now router?

Jayach
Elite 3

The way this forum mixes up the posts, depending on how you reply is very confusing!!

Brooky
Advocate

Yeah I have tried in the test socket to get the same speeds =low. Currently only getting around 24mb which I honestly cannot deal with compared to the 70ish I was getting previously with bt

Brooky
Advocate

On another weird note speed test by ookla has my speeds at 20ish and fast.com has it at 32ish

Yet both sites on My work wifi bring up the exact same speeds 

Jayach
Elite 3

I am now thoroughly confused. If you have a problem it sounds like it is Wi-Fi related, which as you are not using the the Now router, means it is not something this forum can help with. (actually if you were using the Now router, your Wi-Fi problems would probably be worse)

Brooky
Advocate

That's really assuring, well hopefully my house is connected to virgins full fibre by next month within my 30day contract cancellation period 

Jayach
Elite 3

I think you will find the cancellation (cooling off) period is 14 days. (unless you have been told different)

Jayach_0-1684940528766.png