cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Losing Wifi Calling feature when connected to Hub 2 wifi.

Hi.

Since sometime in January this year, I have started seeing a 'Refreshing Sim Data' message on my phone handset.

My phone is a Samsung, 2 years old, and has always been set for wifi calling.

I have obtained and inserted a new sim card from my provider - no change.

When away from my flat, using either mobile data or by connecting to another wifi service (e.g. local cafe, etc.), the message does not appear.

I have reset the hub by unplugging the power line and reconnecting a little time later, however the messages persist (only when I am apparently connected to my wifi hub).

Mobile coverage in the flat is very poor, so I rely on wifi calling. 

Are there any settings I can check as regards the hub, please?

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know if this helps or not ?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Refreshing-sim-data/td-p/4721236 

If not maybe try a Google search for further help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried all of that. Samsung suggested the same regarding the Access Point Names, they sent me a new sim card. It still happens. Only time it doesn't happen is when I am NOT on the NOWTV hub.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't see the point in awarding people with badges just because they have a problem.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Never come across this message myself using a Sony Android smartphone using the NOW Hub 2 Router for nearly 4 years.

If doing a Google search doesn't help, then hopefully somebody on the forum can offer some further assistance and help.

Or see if the NOW Community search box comes up with any hit results.

I don't think it's anything that needs adjusting on the NOW Hub 2 Router (might be wrong though and haven't looked into it).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been using the same Samsung model for 4 years total. replaced it two years ago as the other got very wet lol.

I've not had this problem before. As I said, only started happening last month.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

In order to ‘maximise customer engagement’, Now flattened its badges structure a couple of years ago.

It hasn’t worked 😥

The usual upshot is that instead of Advocate being a badge you had to work hard for, and make many contributions to earn, it is now handed out like a sweetie to anyone who posts,

With the entirely predictable result that anyone who posts a grievance with Now gets handed Advocate status, thus adding insult to injury, and often utterly infuriating posters for whom being tagged as an Advocate for Now is the last thing they think of themselves as.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No further replies needed.

No solution has been offered here.