cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Log on- its a pain in the ass...

Surely to goodness, there must be a better way of signing in using a remote control. It's tedious beyond belief! Also, I am now being asked to put in a word as part of verification but there's no keyboard function so I can't!  Why can't you tick to save username at least...

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the update, I sincerely think that you are all answering with
the best of intentions BUT you're resolutions are swerving the basic
question abt quicker log ins. Longer term members using a tv remote
control find its tedious, but other solutions out there exist i.e. a
PIN...Ok will try plugging in other devices etc etc but the basic concept
of fully logging using with a tv remote control is antiqued.

If you don't concur that's fair enough, but dont judge me until you have
tried it... IT'S A CRAP SYSTEM!

Goodnight
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I wonder if you realise that everyone replying here is just a customer of Now, as you are, and nobody actually employed by Now is going to intervene here?

So all we can do is commiserate, agree, and offer you workarounds.

If you want to be heard by Now on this topic, then email customerservices @ nowtv.com (without the spaces) and let them know how you feel. If enough people do that, Now may well expand their QR approach to include existing customers.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to thank you all for your input on this. I now realise that you are all fellow customers and have provided some useful possible work arounds. I have not accepted answers as I still think the log in is a joke and until Now improves it is not fully  resolved.

I have contected Now tv directly.

Regards

Kenny

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To followu-up from what @RoyB has mentioned, another workaround is to purchase an Amazon Fire Stick which fully supports NOW and this can be controlled using your TV remote. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User   The easiest way around this would be , Check to see if your TV has 2 HDMI ports. If so then buy another Now Tv Stick . One person can have one Now TV device plugged into HDMI 1 and the other into HDMI 2

This way you do not need to log out . Just set up your own individual accounts,

and you will only need to log in the first time you set up .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Roku app works with the Now TV box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

An Android Smart TV with built in Chromecast would have been perfect in this scenario if both users also owned a smartphone or tablet and wanted to watch their different NOW Memberships on a shared television and kept to their own NOW Membership when watching on the same television.

Or alternatively look at a Chromecast dongle to plug into the television, where user 1 would have their NOW Membership permanently signed in on their smartphone / tablet and then cast to the Chromecast when they want to watch their NOW Membership, where user 2 would have their own NOW Membership logged into the NOW App on their smartphone / tablet and cast to the Chromecast when they wanted to watch their NOW Membership on the television.

No need to sign in or out of the NOW App of each other's smartphone or tablet if each person stopped the casting when finished (unless you are also cross sharing the two NOW Memberships, then you may has well have two different streaming devices connected to the television if you are not prepared to use a single account with both Memberships on that one account).

redchiz1
Champion 2

Excuse me chaps, but is there an echo in here? I made this suggestion some posts back. Any device which supports NOW TV will do. Thank you.  🙂