cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Log on- its a pain in the ass...

Surely to goodness, there must be a better way of signing in using a remote control. It's tedious beyond belief! Also, I am now being asked to put in a word as part of verification but there's no keyboard function so I can't!  Why can't you tick to save username at least...

17 REPLIES 17
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you talking about the NOW app on a Amazon Fire stick or Smart TV?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

I am using a now tv box- roku powered model 4201

Regards

KB

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To ask the daft question, are you definitely not logging out when you finish using NOW on the box?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I share the box and tv with another person...she has different package to mine so if I want to watch sport which she does not have, she logs out and then I log in.

If she wants to watch a film then visa versa. Plse do not suggest we combine to have one package, it is not practical. 

I just want to know if there is a quicker way as logging in with a remote control for  both username and password is a joke especially if then asked for additional security details especially for a tech company.

redchiz1
Champion 2

I wouldn't suggest you change your subscription arrangements, but perhaps get another compatible NOW device so that you are not both forever logging out and back in again on different accounts?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So the suggested solution is to watch on another device to save switching
user...thats brilliant I would never have come up with that. i.e. watch
sport/movies on phone or laptop when we have a giant tv with surround
sound! My issue is improving the crappy log in process but it seems to be
going over everyones heads in favour of customer compromise. Thanks anyway.
redchiz1
Champion 2

In all fairness I don't think a single device with multiple accounts is the ideal setup. Logging in to most services is a pain, but generally you only have to do it once. Your arrangement may suit you best, but the constant login/logout process has to come with that. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Most log ins are not a pain because you don't have to do it with a tv
remote control and the Now tv log in won't even save a username...Whats
wrong with a PIN number? That would make it a hell of a lot easier...
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @redchiz1 

No, read what @redchiz1 actually said, which was to have a second device with Now on it, plugged in to your giant TV.

Then neither of you has to log out, you just choose your particular device to watch Now from.

I have an LG TV with Now on it, but I need to use a Roku Express to get All4, and the Roku also has a Now app on it. So if my wife’s tastes differed more dramatically from mine than they do, we could each have our own account, one on each Now, and never have to log out at all, just to choose which device we started Now on.

Recently, though, Now have started using QR codes, which many sites use as part of an easier login. But Now, bless them, haven’t thought to do this for existing members, and are using it just to encourage sign ins from new members, when it could perfectly well fulfil both functions.

Well, duh.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.