cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siriuscat
Scholar

Live date passed with no NOW connection but previous isp still working?

The ‘Live’ date for adsl Broadband was yesterday and the NOW hub light is still orange. I’ve called help, tests were done and was told the line is active. An engineer should be sent to check internal wiring.

However, If I plug my previous isp (plusnet) router back in everything works fine. The help line suggested that I should call plusnet to cancel my account with them. Is that not their job? And as plusnet (adsl) is still active, would this affect the Now broadband connection?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
siriuscat
Scholar

Tried calling but nobody could understand the problem or just weren't interested.

I figured out the solution: just cancel the NOW Broadband contract and remain with plusnet. Just a shame that because I have cancelled, a complete stranger has had their landline cut off. I feel for them.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
siriuscat
Scholar

I've been charged the monthly NOW broadband fee today for someone elses connection. This needs to be stopped.

redchiz1
Champion 2

You will have to contact NOW directly, they will not help you on here, call 0800 759 1213.

siriuscat
Scholar

ok thanks

siriuscat
Scholar

Tried calling but nobody could understand the problem or just weren't interested.

I figured out the solution: just cancel the NOW Broadband contract and remain with plusnet. Just a shame that because I have cancelled, a complete stranger has had their landline cut off. I feel for them.

chilli2
Elite

You could call the person, if you have the number and tell them that Now have effectively taken over their phone line and internet connection an the phone will soon be cut off.

The person who now have connected instead of you should have had a some info form thier ISP/phone company stating something like "sorry you are leaving us..."

RoyB
Legend

@siriuscat 

Ring Now Broadband and tell them they have just accidentally slammed somebody else’s phone line.

That should get their attention, as they should know what that means, and OfCom don’t like stuff like that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Or just stay with PlusNet, and get on with your life, let somebody else handle the fallout.