cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Line not activated, account overdue

Hey, 

So my broadband go live date was 13/08 (yesterday). It still isn't live and under Technical Checks it's listing my account as being overdue. This isn't correct as I've paid the £10 activation and I have a valid payment method.

What's worse is my previous provider has stopped and I now have no broadband at all.

It's a poor start, I tried calling but, gave up after 15 minutes of waiting.

Any answers out there? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, 

I got in touch and was told there is bug in the system which is why it's showing my account as overdue. 

Perhaps coincidental but Open reach are at fault for the delay in my service being commissioned. 

Does NowTV do automatic compensation (like Sky and BT offer) or am I going to have to fight to get credited for the delays.

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. The broadband support number is usually the best way to get help but if you're struggling to get through you could try live chat - ask to be transferred to a broadband advisor when you get connected. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

I'll also tag @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team in case he can help you direct, although I'm not sure when he's next on the forum.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. The broadband support number is usually the best way to get help but if you're struggling to get through you could try live chat - ask to be transferred to a broadband advisor when you get connected. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

I'll also tag @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team in case he can help you direct, although I'm not sure when he's next on the forum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, 

I got in touch and was told there is bug in the system which is why it's showing my account as overdue. 

Perhaps coincidental but Open reach are at fault for the delay in my service being commissioned. 

Does NowTV do automatic compensation (like Sky and BT offer) or am I going to have to fight to get credited for the delays.

@Andy wrote:

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add to this. Telecoms companies must do better to compensate downtime. This is either an operational **** up with systems or Openreach haven't fulfilled an order.

Either way I'm not putting up with it and I'm going on the offensive. 

Credit my account with £5/day in accordance with the attached Ofcom publication.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in exactly the same situation. Have spent 25 minutes either on hold or speaking to an adviser who said there is a fault and they will get back to me in 72 hours. There was no fault up until midnight when BT were sapplying broadband so this is clearly an excuse. I have also submitted 3 online forms and sent an email. Still no communication from them. Useless!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem, activation due 13/8/18 tried setting up today and no dial tone at all. Gone online and it says payment overdue. I already have an account and card set up. I spent 20 mins on the phone only to be told there had been a delay. No explanation, just keep checking over next 72 hours. Not good enough, I have no service at all either.