cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Line improvements

Morning all,

Sorry to bother everyone with this but I have been monitoring my line stats and have slowly (following some home improvements) moved the line noise from around 15db to now under 5db.

The speed then improved on the first night from 30Mbps to 34Mbps and is still rock solid with no drop outs.

However since then (5 days ago) the speed has remained the same and I feel like the line can handle more.

Please could someone advise how this all works and/or reset the line profile to allow full speeds?

If I can have higher speeds then I would happy upgrade my package to suit but current both fibre options quote the same estimated top speed...

Cheers in advance for any assistance.

Alex 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not a problem, sorry for not being much help!

This might sound daft, have you tried the old "turn it off and on again"? As this sometimes happens with my BT connection where it has a melt down and a turn off/on usually sorts it out. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sorry but I am not a Now TV broadband customer, but if you use this link it might point you in the right direction. 

It gives you a link for checking your service.

Top FAQs 

And additional articles for broadband related information. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/having-trouble-with-your-broadband

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers none the less for the assistance, the checker states me speed is fine (34Mbps) and no action required. 

I have a feeling something need to be changed or reset as NowTV/OpenReach's end which is annoying to say the least!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not a problem, sorry for not being much help!

This might sound daft, have you tried the old "turn it off and on again"? As this sometimes happens with my BT connection where it has a melt down and a turn off/on usually sorts it out. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoken like a true IT technician! I have been avoiding rebooting (and just regular right foot booting) it as I think my regular reboots might have caused the system to think the line was unstable back in the day.

Last time I reset the box it actually went down again 🙄

I'll give it a couple more days to assess the line then reboot though 👍

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @gavs82008 

Yeah Guys

This might work....

Kicking Boot.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As an update I eventuay managed to get the speed to 34999kbps which it's not moving from so I'm taking that as a cabinet capping. 

Although after waiting 10 days then rebooting it went up from 34mbps so I've placed the reboot answer as the solution. 

If anyone is reading this please ensure you leave at least 10 days in-between reboots so you don't end up going down!