cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Line dropping and new IP address being issued

Hi

My line drops every couple of days and I then get issued with a new IP address. Normally this wouldn't matter but I now work from home and I can only get remote access to my work PC if the IT department can associate my IP address with my request for access. This means that I am having to contact the IT department every couple of days to get the IP address changed to get access. This causes delays and is not particularly convenient.

I have tried 2 routers and that hasn't made any difference. The IT department reckon that I am the only person to have this issue and that includes other employees that are on Sky/Now. 

Is there anything that can be done about this or am I going to have to change providers?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What did they say on the NowTV Broadband helpline?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't called the line - just thought I'd get an answer here.

I'll give them a call - thanks for your input

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, that’s the best way - they can see if there’s a line problem, and get OpenReach out to it for you if necessary.

We are pretty much all just customers here, like you, but even NowTV staffers would give you that reply, I think.

I would have reassured you that frequent line drops are not normal, but I think you had already realised that; and so some tech support from NowTV Broadband is merited.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK thanks. I've just got off the line to them and the guy said he can see a "network issue" that will take up to 48 hours to sort. If that doesn't sort it then I am to ring back and they can look at the Outreach option.

Thanks again for your iinput