cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Line activated but still no WiFi

Line activated today, two days late, but still no WiFi, I’ve tried calling Now tv but left on hold for ages.  Anyone any ideas what to do to help ?

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does all three green lights show on the front of the NowTV Hub Router ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The internet lights on slightly but no where near as bright as the other two
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The middle internet light on the front of the Router should be solid green with the same brightness as the other two lights.

What happens if you hold the reset button on the back of the Router for 10 seconds, is there any difference ?

Also have you tried a line check by going to My Account > Technical Checks whilst logged in here does it come up with an error or gives you a measured internet Down & Up speed ? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to say also double check the wiring between the back of the NowTV Hub Router and the Master BT socket.

If the BT Master Socket has an inbuilt microfilter (two sockets on the front face plate) then there is no need to use the supplied microfilters that came with the Hub Router.

Also when you go to My Account > Orders & Appointments does it show your internet has gone live (usually identified in green) and not blue which normally means it hasn't been activated yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve triple checked all the wiring and everything so I don’t believe that’s it, and as for the website the internet’s green. Every time I try and connect it brings me to the page saying that somethings not connected right but I’ve gone through the process of fixing it quite few times now

Thanks so much for helping
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The technical checks just says that I’m waiting on my router still, even though I received it a week ago. As for the reset button it doesn’t make a difference 😩
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the green middle internet light is showing on the front of the NowTV Hub 2 Router together with the other two green lights then this would suggest to me that you have the incoming internet and there is some sort of issue on the wifi side of the Router.

Do you own any devices that offers an Ethernet connection rather than wifi and have you temporary tried it to see if you have access to the internet on that device.

If you was a previous Sky Broadband customer and still have the old Sky Router then try the Sky Router on your line to see if the wifi works on your devices.

Keep trying the NowTV Broadband telephone helpline or alternatively contact their live web chat service.