cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dale1
Advocate

Laptop connected to internet but won't load any pages

Hey all, 

I am struggling to get the internet to work on my laptop. I have tried many things to try and make it work such as; changing ipv4/ipv6 DNS address, uninstall/reinstall network driver and still nothing. It works on every other device in the property, TV, phones, ipad, other laptop.

It is coming up as an unidentified network and looks to be no connectivity/no packets getting through. Running windows diagnostics it is saying the default gateway is not available. 

Any help would be appreciated as it is affecting my ability to work. If you need more information please let me know. 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Dale1 

Have you tested the Laptop over wifi or Ethernet or ideally both ?

I don't use a PC or Laptop myself using NOW Broadband, but see if anything on this link article below makes any difference.

https://windowsreport.com/default-gateway-not-available-windows-10/ 

On the NOW Router side of things if using over wifi have a play around with the different Router webpage settings such has creating a separate 2.4ghz and 5ghz Network, try a different wifi security encryption (short quick test only) a different wifi channel number and if only tested the Laptop on Ethernet on both ports on the NOW Router maybe try Fast Ethernet rather than the default Gigabit Ethernet in the NOW Hub Router webpage settings.

RoyB
Legend

@Dale1 

Are you using Bitdefender? If so, you need to create an exception for now.exe, or whatever the Now executable is called on your PC.

Pihole and other content blockers can have the same effect; try turning these off, at least for the moment, and trying without them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

The problem is obviously in the laptop if everything else is working. Are you running any 3rd party security or anti-virus products? What OS is it running?