cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Landline

How on earth do I find out what my landline number is? Who even uses a house phone these days!??? 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Go to My Account whilst logged in on here, then select Message Centre where one of the emails sent by NowTV to you should show your allocated landline telephone number given to you.

Otherwise if there is a telephone connected to your landline, maybe ring your smartphone which should show the incoming call number.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Well HM

You asked, "Who even uses a house phone these days!???"  I know this is a rhetorical question but as an old fogey I must say that I find using a home telephone far more useful and secure when conducting financial transactions. 

I do have a mobile but I only use it when I am out and about, but it is always switched off when I'm at home.

I guess I must be set in my ways because I just do not believe smart or mobile phones are that secure, it doesn't take much for a clever crim to rip you off via your mobile.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Phone your mobile from the landline, and see what number comes up on the screen, like @schnapps said.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well HM

I know landlines, as well as mobiles, send their numbers when a call's being made but, and I am sure you know, you can prevent your numbers being sent by typing in the withholding code before making a call.

Sorry  HM, nothing's changed.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @RoyB  @schnapps 

Hi Fellas

Please ignore my post above, everything is out of context and I must have been ga-ga when I wrote it.

Facepalm.png

UK Bob