cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Landline Number Porting

I am considering signing up to broadband/telephone with NowTV but am getting confusing messages about whether my landline number is transferrable.  There is no specific information on the site about this.

I am currently on Cable with Virgin Media, and do not have an Openreach line connected to my house, so a new landline would have to be installed.  So my question is, can NowTV port my landline number, as I do not want to lose the number I have had for over 40 years?

My Postcode is BA11 5AN and my house number is No. 30

3 REPLIES 3
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User a quick look on line suggests it should be possible. Before you move, check whether BT offer fibre in your area. If not you will notice a significant drop in speed compared to Virgin.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are many complaints of NOW not transferring the number even though you tick the box.

This happend to us and they did not even inform us that we had a new number.  We found out from a relative who had been trying to contact us.  NOW are unable to get your number back and you have to phone your previous supplier to see if they can help.

If you go through the online system and tick the transfer number box and your number is not transferred NOW will say you did not tick the box as you will read in the many complaints

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @4268 

There is a known issue with number porting. Now TV are looking into it. 

If you call the broadband team on the link below they will hopefully be able to sort you out. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help