cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kick someone off my wifi

So I allowed my neighbor to use my wifi for what I believed to be a short amount of time as hers wasn’t installed yet and I’ve discovered that she’s continuing to use it and is refusing to come off and I don’t want her on it anymore as 1 I’m paying for it so why should I and 2 I’m a gamer and the least amount of people connected to my wifi the better it works for when I’m gaming, yet I can’t find anything on how to remove a device from my broadband or change my password or reset it so everything gets disconnected from it? 

If someone could help that would be amazing thankyou 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

So I allowed my neighbor to use my wifi for what I believed to be a short amount of time as hers wasn’t installed yet and I’ve discovered that she’s continuing to use it and is refusing to come off and I don’t want her on it anymore as 1 I’m paying for it so why should I and 2 I’m a gamer and the least amount of people connected to my wifi the better it works for when I’m gaming, yet I can’t find anything on how to remove a device from my broadband or change my password or reset it so everything gets disconnected from it? 

If someone could help that would be amazing thankyou 

Never a good idea to let anyone use your net connection as you don’t know what they are using it for (Downloading Torrents) is one example as you are the account holder you would be held responsible.Simply change the password on your router the details should be on a sticker on bottom of the router then simply google how to change the password from the current one to a new one that should do the trick. When you change the password make it something that has no relevance to your current one. Use a mix of (upper, lower case letters and numbers) example = B1tterSweeT#650.Hope this helps you 

Cheers