cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just joined a few days ago

Hi 

Joined now BB a few days ago from bt, service has dropped a few times , speed slower than has been written as guarantee tried all the advice split to diff GHz and wired etc , still below promise of 35 meg can I leave without charge in cooling off period and will I get the rest of the month free as paid until joining say plusnet which my neighbours have with superior speed.

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You need to give it more like seven days to settle, and then see what your speeds are.

And make sure it remains powered up - don’t switch it off overnight, or anything like that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Roy,

I do hope so, as worse today and Netflix was struggling to load for the wee one this morning, modem is pretty poor , b.t broadband and their modem at same price roughly , far superior.

Cheers 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, I haven’t encountered the Now router personally, but it does seem to be a disgrace.

Though I had a Sky router, an earlier model, and that was fine.

I would be surprised if you could get BT for anywhere near what Now charge, though. And if you could, I’d be amazed that anyone would chose Now, unless they wanted the month to month service that I don’t think anyone else offers.

Which our son finds very useful, as he is in temporary accommodation near his new job while he sells his house up north. He reports no issues with his Now router, but it is a very small flat 😛

Certainly, I pay BT more than twice what I would pay for Now, but its not really comparable, as I get Superfast Fibre, 24/7 support, and a mobile backup service if the landline goes down, which I needs for the 24/7 WFH I can be called on to do. So I’ve never tried pricing a BT service more in line with what Now supply.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.