cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Juddery football

The quality of the picture is poor when watching football. It is juddery and genuinely makes you feel nausea. We have a new smart TV and this is our first experience of nowtv. Can anything be done, noting many others have same problem. We use fast fibre internet too.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Unfortunately, like a lot of others on here who watch Sport through Now TV, the picture quality is always an issue and this is due to the fact that Now TV deliver their content at 25fps.  

25fps is OK when you are watching entertainment, etc, but when you get to fast paced sports action it can lead to less than favourable picture quality........ especially I would say on Football, when the ball can at times go quite pixelated.  It doesn't really matter how good your equipment or super-fast your internet connection, the 25fps is always going to have an effect.  50fps is really required to give smooth sports action.

I only really dip in with sport on Now TV very occasionally for this very reason, as compared to BT Sport that I also have access to (which is 1080p and at 50fps) the difference is huge.  If Now TV delivered their sports at 50fps a lot of folk would be happy and although Now TV do have future plans to improve their picture quality from 720 to 1080, no one is really sure if they'll go from 25fps to 50 fps at the same time........ we can only hope.

Many folk on this forum (including myself) have mentioned that they can help improve their sports picture quality from Now TV if they have a play with some of the Picture Settings on their TV.  Check your TVs picture settings and look for a Motion Smoothing type feature and then play about with that...... you may be able to turn it on or off, or have a selection like max, med, low and off....... I played about with this feature with my Samsung and Panasonic TVs and got better results with Now TV Sport, still not exactly perfect, but better.  Give it a try and see if you can improve your viewing experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Unfortunately, like a lot of others on here who watch Sport through Now TV, the picture quality is always an issue and this is due to the fact that Now TV deliver their content at 25fps.  

25fps is OK when you are watching entertainment, etc, but when you get to fast paced sports action it can lead to less than favourable picture quality........ especially I would say on Football, when the ball can at times go quite pixelated.  It doesn't really matter how good your equipment or super-fast your internet connection, the 25fps is always going to have an effect.  50fps is really required to give smooth sports action.

I only really dip in with sport on Now TV very occasionally for this very reason, as compared to BT Sport that I also have access to (which is 1080p and at 50fps) the difference is huge.  If Now TV delivered their sports at 50fps a lot of folk would be happy and although Now TV do have future plans to improve their picture quality from 720 to 1080, no one is really sure if they'll go from 25fps to 50 fps at the same time........ we can only hope.

Many folk on this forum (including myself) have mentioned that they can help improve their sports picture quality from Now TV if they have a play with some of the Picture Settings on their TV.  Check your TVs picture settings and look for a Motion Smoothing type feature and then play about with that...... you may be able to turn it on or off, or have a selection like max, med, low and off....... I played about with this feature with my Samsung and Panasonic TVs and got better results with Now TV Sport, still not exactly perfect, but better.  Give it a try and see if you can improve your viewing experience.