cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Joining now broadband need help

Hi I’ve never asked anything on here before but I need help in understanding something about the now tv ‘brilliant broadband 12month contract’ in the terms and conditions it says ‘£60 set up fee’ but it doesn’t specify if that applies to customers who want to join a contract, so what I’m wondering is if there is a £60 set up fee for the brillian broadband contract or is it literally just the £18 for the month, please someone help thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The £60 setup fee only applies if you go for the no contract plan.

Looking at the current deals on their website (on the 1st of September 2019), if you go for the saver option with a 12 month contract commitment then there is no activation fee or delivery fee, where Brilliant Broadband is £18 per month.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went for the fab fibre option and it has no setup fee

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The £60 setup fee only applies if you go for the no contract plan.

Looking at the current deals on their website (on the 1st of September 2019), if you go for the saver option with a 12 month contract commitment then there is no activation fee or delivery fee, where Brilliant Broadband is £18 per month.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for helping I really appreciate it that’s all I was wondering thank you for the help 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

ive just joined NOW TV and paid for the box and first passes were free.

im now 1 month in to using the service and they’ve just taken 3 separate payments from my bank totalling £23??

my understanding was that I would only be charged if and when I decide to buy new passes as they expire?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Steve

You said, "my understanding was that I would only be charged if and when I decide to buy new passes as they expire?"

Well Steve, you are wrong and should really check before signing up, especially as you are also granting permission for Now TV to extract money from your bank or credit card account.  You see, once the free period runs out you will then be charged an ongoing monthly subscription fee for each pass you did not cancel.

So therefore, you should now go into your Now TV account, which you can access in the green banner at the top of this screen, and cancel those passes you no longer want to continue to pay for.

UK Bob

PS.  I'm not Now TV, just a customer like you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, Bob 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Steve

Your welcome.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User

As @ukbobboy says, NowTV make it very clear that once you have started a Pass, it will continue month to month, chargeably, until and unless you actively Cancel it.

So if you knew you had started these Passes, then that is clearly the situation.

But did you know you had started these Passes? All three of them?

I believe NowTV have changed their practices such that the free Passes bundled with a NowTV Stick now activate automatically on setup* and start running, whereas they used to wait for you to actually watch something on each Pass before it started running.

So you can get billed for subsequent months even if you have never watched a single programme on NowTV.

I do not know if the the wording that NowTV use, on packaging or on the website, has been changed to reflect this.

But if this is the situation you are in, that you did not realise the Passes were automatically active, then you are not the first to be caught out by this, and it is something that NowTV might usefully look at. Especially with the new breed of bundles where you get everything including the kitchen sink (dramas) when you buy one.

*if you don’t already have such a Pass running, and quite possibly if you do but it has less than a month to go.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Roy

Sarcastic Emoji 5.png

So it now seems that those "helpful" folks at Now TV have another new under-publicized policy that enabled all passes to be enacted regardless of whether you wanted them or not and, what's worse, without any notification.

This, to me, seems somewhat underhanded and is really no way to gain customer trust.

Sarcastic Emoji 4.png

If this new "thing" has been made known to new and potentially new customers then it's customer RTM.  However, if this policy is like a "lightning bolt out of the blue" then the "stuff shirts" at Now TV HQ must be taking policy making lessons from people who don't believe in long term customer relations, just short term gain.

Sarcastic Emoji 2.jpgSarcastic Emoji 2.jpgSarcastic Emoji 2.jpg

UK Bob