cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with service and support

Hello, 

I recently switched over to NowTV with a guaranteed 37mbps. I pay for the 63mbps and have always got around 54/60mbps however recently a month after switching to nowtv again from talktalk, I tend to jump between providers this is my 2nd time on NOW I'm getting just 20mbp/s. Having been a network engineer with load balancing technology. I know this is not my internal network. However to try and stop the 1st line support from reading off their script and blaming my PC. I have swapped out my switch and upgraded to a new cat6 as I was due an upgrade anyway and finally figured I would reinstall windows as I use everything on the cloud and require no installing so it was quick. However, support is beyond useless and continues to blame my setup despite having zero ideas about what I'm talking about when I discuss the issue. One went as far as to blame me for changing the subnet to 192.168.1x as opposed to the 192.168.0.0 range however could not explain why this would be an issue. Line tests and ping times seem fine. Judging that the router is trash based on the spec that is clearly outdated I suspect it is this causing the issue. How do I proceed with anyone who is competent and not reading off a script before I tear my hair out?

16 REPLIES 16
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

All I can suggest is to call the team again and ask for full investigation of the line all the way back to the cabinet.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Problem is get past the support team to someone who understands anything
Jayach
Elite 3

The guarantee is on sync speed. What sync do you have?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where abouts can I find that on this router interface?

Jayach
Elite 3

From: Broadband download and upload speeds explained (nowtv.com)

You can check your access line speed in just a few steps. Please make sure you're at home when you run this test.

1. Open a new browser window and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, then press Enter.
  2. When prompted, enter the username admin and the password nowtv.
  3. Once signed in, select Maintenance from the options at the top.
  4. You'll find your access line speed in the Modem section, labelled as DownStream Connection Speed.

Obviously, if you have changed the base address of your router, use that instead of 192.168.0.1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Modem

help
Modem StatusConnected
Traffic Type:PTM
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):8552
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):24330

its higher here but then it is midnight as well not peak
Jayach
Elite 3

Your sync speed will not change, no matter the time of day. It is the speed you are connected (synced) to the cabinet at.

On a wired speedtest you should get no less than about 90% of that.

If you want some idea of what Openreach think your line capable of, look here: 

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

If you are guaranteed 37Mbs, but only getting 24Mbs, then something is wrong. Have you tried with the router in the test socket?

Now will be able to see your sync speed, so there should be no doubt that they need to do something. Are you contacting them via here: 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Edit: Have you tried the Now checker?

Your service status | Technical checks (nowtv.com)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It appears my line is actually cable of 52 and 50 impacted. I’m presuming this could be a profile issue ?

Jayach
Elite 3

The exact reason I wouldn't like to speculate.

However if the sync speed is the same in the test socket, it needs looking at. Now will need to pass the call to Openreach, if they can't sort it.