cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with networked devices since tonight

Hi all,

I noticed this morning that my devices were disconnected from the internet. I then checked what the cause of it was...

Quick overview of my setup which has been working so far:

NOW TV Hub Two (Wifi disabled)
--> TP-Link Router --> Switch --> TV, Console, and Unifi Access Point

--> and direct to desktop PC 

I found that the NOW TV Hub Two was still connected to the internet (and synced to my FTTC connection). However, my TP Link router (for some reason) showed that I had an issue with the internet connection (coming in via ethernet from the Hub Two). It usually only did this when the modem was actually disconnected due to some issues in the past. This time, however, the modem was connected to the internet. I tested this by plugging in my PC directly to the Hub Two modem rather than via my TP Link router... 

So I resetted the router thinking that it had an issue. I also upgraded the firmware, tried using a different ethernet cable between the Hub Two and my TP link router... Nothing appeared to have helped. At this stage, I thought my TP link router had an issue and I tried taking it out of the set up.

So then I connected my switch directly to the Hub Two and checked if any of the connected devices work this way (without going through the router first).

Sadly, neither the Unifi Access Point nor my TV connected to the switch received an internet connection from the modem. 

Interestingly, when I connected the TV directly to the modem it appears to receive a connection...

So my thought is that there is something wrong with the Now TV Hub Two modem treats routers and/or switches? I tried factory resetting the Now TV Hub Two as I thought some settings might have changed over night for some reason... This didn't help... Maybe I should call Now TV and ask for a new hub? 

DHCP is enabled on all devices....

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok... Just to give an update to those people who might come across this post. I found a post on the sky forum that described the same issue. Basically, I had to disconnect all devices from the NOW hub and then reconnect one after the other... Probably the now hub got confused somehow and maybe there was some sort of IP address conflict... Although it wasn't necessary I also took out my tplink router out of the set-up for now and use the now hub as router and one of the access points now to simplify the setup and save some electricity. Will use it again once openreach or cityfibre finally connect my road to FTTP 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
redchiz1
Champion 2

You have quite a complex setup, you can only hope that another customer here has something similar so that they can advise. NOW support will not be able to help with anything other than a straightforward connection directly to their hub. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

So then I connected my switch directly to the Hub Two and checked if any of the connected devices work this way (without going through the router first).

Sadly, neither the Unifi Access Point nor my TV connected to the switch received an internet connection from the modem. 

Interestingly, when I connected the TV directly to the modem it appears to receive a connection...

Does that not imply the switch is faulty?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok... Just to give an update to those people who might come across this post. I found a post on the sky forum that described the same issue. Basically, I had to disconnect all devices from the NOW hub and then reconnect one after the other... Probably the now hub got confused somehow and maybe there was some sort of IP address conflict... Although it wasn't necessary I also took out my tplink router out of the set-up for now and use the now hub as router and one of the access points now to simplify the setup and save some electricity. Will use it again once openreach or cityfibre finally connect my road to FTTP 🙂