cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggc
Advocate

Is the Google Wifi (Nor Nest Wifi) Router (with additional points) better than the NOW Hub 2?

Hi all,

I have a Now Hub 2 modem-router and a Netgear range extender at the rear of my flat. The Now Hub has stable and fast wifi, but it's not very reliable on the other end of my flat. The Netgear extender is crap to to the point I almost don't bother using it (the wireless connection between the now hub and the extender is bad).

I'm thinking of getting a Google Wifi or Nest mesh setup, starting with the router and maybe later an additional access point. 

Can anyone tell me if the wifi range/speed/quality on the google wifi or nest router (without additional points) shows a noticeable improvement over the Now Hub 2?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
ggc
Advocate

Sorry title meant to read "Is the Google Wifi (Nor Nest Wifi) Router (WITHOUT additional points) better than the NOW Hub 2?

Jayach
Elite 3

Just about anything has better range than the Now router.

@ggc wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Now Hub 2 modem-router and a Netgear range extender at the rear of my flat. The Netgear extender is crap to to the point I almost don't bother using it (the wireless connection between the now hub and the extender is bad).

You should have the extender approx. halfway between the router and where you need the boosted signal. If you put it where the signal is weak, it's not going to be able to pick it up either.

ggc
Advocate

I have the extender in the nearest room to the room with the router. Not sure why it keeps dropping out. I'm hoping one google wifi pug or nest router will be enough (on its own) to improve the situation, or at least give me a bit of extra range to put a second access point 9if needed) in the next door room