cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is an Engineer needed (please read for circumstance)

Hi! First post on a very helpful forum!

i have registered for Now TV Broadband and my installation date is on 12th March.

my query is if an engineer is needed. When completing the order online it advised an engineer was NOT required - however I have already left my previous provider (Plusnet) after my contract expired and currently have no WiFi/broadband. The phoneline has a dial tone but won’t let me call / dial a number.

when I was exploring re-registering with Plusnet they wanted to send an engineer as they wanted to do a ‘rebuild’ of my account with them but NowTV have confirmed both online and via customer services that an engineer is not needed.

Is my line still ‘active’ and does anyone know if an engineer will be required based on the above?

1 REPLY 1
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi! First post on a very helpful forum!

i have registered for Now TV Broadband and my installation date is on 12th March.

my query is if an engineer is needed. When completing the order online it advised an engineer was NOT required - however I have already left my previous provider (Plusnet) after my contract expired and currently have no WiFi/broadband. The phoneline has a dial tone but won’t let me call / dial a number.

when I was exploring re-registering with Plusnet they wanted to send an engineer as they wanted to do a ‘rebuild’ of my account with them but NowTV have confirmed both online and via customer services that an engineer is not needed.

Is my line still ‘active’ and does anyone know if an engineer will be required based on the above?

Hi @Anonymous User  Thanks for posting. 

As you already had a previous provider then all Openreach really need to do is remotely activate your line 🙂 In theory an engineer isn't needed at your premises at all as the infrastructure is already there. However, our back office systems will be able to pick up any discrepancies with the technology in your house and IF an engineer is needed then we will send you a text and an email to confirm it. 

For now though, we can assume that an engineer isn't needed 🙂